Users' Meeting and Conference 2012
May 3-4, 2012 | Potsdam, Germany
We would like to invite you to our Users’ Meeting and Conference, scheduled from May 3-4, 2012 in Potsdam, Germany.
The focus of the conference is on parametric modeling of complex free-form surfaces with flow related tasks, integration of commercial and non-commercial CFD packages as well as general CFD-based design studies and formal shape optimizations.
We aim to make the meeting a comfortable platform for exploration, exchange and discussion in which presentations by the users of the FRIENDSHIP-Framework compose the core modules, presenting use cases and sharing experience.
© Stephan Gehrke
The conference hotel will be the Steigenberger Hotel Sanssouci Potsdam.
Excellent presenters from industry and universities have submitted their abstracts:
Here are some of the highlights:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dirk Roos, Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences: Robust Ship Design Optimization using multi-disciplinary Optimization and Stochastic Analysis (Invited Lecture)
- Thomas Hildebrandt, NUMECA: Coupling of the FRIENDSHIP-Framework with viscous flow codes by NUMECA
- Shape Optimizations using FRIENDSHIP-Framework and STAR-CCM+, CD-adapco
- Toni Klemm, KSB AG: Centrifugal Pump Impeller Design with the FRIENDSHIP-Framework
- Marcelo Nogueira, University of Sao Paulo: Parametric Model and CFD Integrated Process for Wake Equalizing Duct Optimization
- Peter Horn: Development of an automatic meshing process of the fluid domain around a hull for resistance calculation using OpenFOAM
- Pelle Bo Regener: Viscous Flow Analyses for Unconventional Ships using SHIPFLOW and FRIENDSHIP-Framework
- Leif Broberg, Flowtech: Optimization of Energy Saving Devices
- David Bendl, Voith Turbo Schneider Propulsion: Fully-Parametric Optimization of different Propulsion Systems
- Erik Dolerud: Hydrodynamic Optimization of Linear Heaving Point Absorber
- Scott Gatchell, HSVA: Parametric Form Optimization using an Adjoint Solver
- Mattia Brenner, FRIENDSHIP SYSTEMS: Post-Processing of viscous flow computations in the FRIENDSHIP-Framework
Please do not hesitate to get back to us for details and assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you in Potsdam!
If the given registration link does not work with your browser, just save the file via right mouse click > save target as...
© Stephan Gehrke