Hi everybody,

lately, we had a couple of requests about the modeling of SWATH (Small Waterplane Area Twin Hull) ships in CAESES. Those who are not familiar with SWATHs see here.

A couple of years ago, I had created a model for one possible type of SWATH that I now managed to dig out from the depths of my harddrive.

post-17-0-76833800-1394810934_thumb.png             post-17-0-67679900-1394810955_thumb.png

Aside from a couple of global parameters that are located in the top level of the object tree, you can find additional parameters in the respective scopes of the components of the hull (subscopes of "construction"). Probably, the most important are the ones that control the shape of the underwater hull part. They are explained by these dimensions that are also part of the project

post-17-0-62072900-1394811183_thumb.png

I hope this model helps whoever wants to work on a SWATH model. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions. Of course there are a lot of different underwater shapes that can be realized and this is just one example. Feel free to post your own model, if you would like to contribute and share them with your fellow SWATH enthusiasts ;)

Cheers,

Mattia

swath_forForum.fdb