Student Scientist (f/m/d)
Potsdam. Part-time (40 to 80 h/month). As soon as possible.
FRIENDSHIP SYSTEMS is looking for additional student scientists to strengthen our team in Potsdam.
What you will do
- Work within one (or several) of our current research and development projects (AutoPlan, DEffProForm, MariData, SDD-fAMe)
- Develop new parametric models and features with CAESES®, our key software product
- Support our project partners and users
- Help our international clients and technology partners
- Test and document projects and software
- Assist in running simulation-driven design campaigns, primarily with CFD codes
- Be a creative mind and participate in shaping a great product with your ideas
What you will need
- Strong background and interest in engineering, e.g. bachelor level (or final year student) in engineering science, naval architecture, mechanical engineering
- Alternatively, strong background and interest in computer science and/or applied mathematics
- Solid understanding of geometry (algorithms) and experience in 3d-modeling (CAx software)
- Good understanding of fluiddynamics and, possibly, some experience in running flow simulations (CFD)
- Legally authorized to work in Germany
- Enrollment at an accredited university, planning to study for at least another year at master level
- Good English and at least some German
- Perspective to strengthen our team for quite a while
- Be communicative, reliable and eager to try out new things
FRIENDSHIP SYSTEMS AG is a German software company with the core team being based in Potsdam. Our passionate team develops the leading software solution CAESES® which targets simulation engineers from various industries. CAESES® is used to design and optimize all kinds of blades, rotors, car engine components as well as ship hulls, propellers and energy-saving devices. With our software and expertise, we contribute to a planet with cleaner products and less emissions. And, we are a climate-neutral company.
Leading companies from turbomachinery and engine design as well as from the maritime industry and energy sector belong to our customer base. Prominent references are Garrett, Grundfos, Hyundai, Kawasaki, KSB, Lürssen, MTU, Parrot, Rolls-Royce, Samsung, Siemens, to name just a few.
Why FRIENDSHIP SYSTEMS
- Flexible working hours
- Flat hierarchies
- Responsibilities from day 1
- Great and super friendly colleagues
- Long-term commitments within team
- Proven track record of global business
- Meaningful work for a greener world
Sounds like a fantastic job to you?
Then start your mail client now and send us your documents (cover letter, CV including salary expectations) as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org